In a variety of industries, deputy general managers serve as general managers’ assistants. They perform a variety of tasks connected to the planning and coordination of the company’s activities. They assist in project development and carry out administrative duties.
The innovative, privately funded Khazaen Fruit and Vegetable Central Market will provide Oman’s expanding food industry with world-class wholesale, cold storage, retail, customs, and testing facilities in the rapidly expanding Khazaen Economic City zone, 30 minutes north of Muscat. Deputy General Manager role ,We are looking for a seasoned Deputy General Manager to lead and oversee the mobilization and operation of this brand-new 67,000 square feet facility, which will open to the general public and business at the beginning of 2024.
Deputy General Manager Job Role:
Initially reporting to the General Manager during the construction phase, this senior-level position will eventually report directly to the Company board of KFVCM SAOC. You will be in charge of overseeing the company’s overall operations management on behalf of a small team of professionals in commercial leasing and facilities management. Your role will have the following primary goals:
- Collaborating with the Deputy General Manager to guarantee that the facility mobilization is finished on time, within budget, and according to plan.
- Putting into action a leasing and marketing strategy that achieves the highest possible rental yields while also maximizing unit occupancy.
- Establishment of a comprehensive facility management service for operation and upkeep.
- Constructing steady-state financial and operational processes that are dependable and focused on the customer.
- Securing opportunities for revenue optimization and growth.
Deputy General Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Provide the company with general management, marketing, operations, and FM management services.
- In dealings with the municipality, funders, traders, subcontractors, and advisors, act as the company representative and in the company’s best interest.
- Control of direct subordinates: include Finance Manager, Leasing and Marketing Manager, Operations Manager (Lead the recruitment of additional positions as needed), and
- In accordance with the agreement, submit monthly operational progress reports to the GM and the board of the company, and if necessary, seek approvals and consents. Organise and show up for all board meetings.
- Attend any other facility-related meetings with reasonable notice if requested to do so by shareholders, the company, or other stakeholders.
- identifying and leading the development of all growth opportunities, including expansion and revenue optimization, for the GM and board.
Deputy General Manager Job Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and implement all Company-required operational policies and procedures (such as operating, health and safety, legal, human resources, procurement, etc.) in collaboration with the General Manager.
- In addition to the ones that are mandated by the financing arrangements and agreements with the Municipality; and make certain that the company adheres to all of the agreed-upon policies.
- Be the primary point of contact for the company during the operational phase; Develop and implement appropriate company policies and practices.
- Create and put into action operational procedures for routine communications among key stakeholders; create and put into action procedures for monitoring subcontracts, tenancy agreements, and business processes;
- Conceive and put into action procedures for the dissemination of serious adverse events or accidents; assemble and maintain a plan for business continuity in accordance with the needs of the company.
- Establish productive collaborations with all project participants.
- Participate in any honest discussions that take place between stakeholders to lessen or resolve potential disagreements.
Deputy General Manager job Leasing and Marketing:
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Lettings Manager and Operations Manager, devise and put into action a customized marketing and leasing strategy that will maximize unit occupancy and rents that are attainable.
- Find new customers to fill unit gaps and find opportunities for expansion.
- Through proactive tenancy management and solid policies and procedures, take steps to reduce revenue loss and void periods.
- Present the case for change to the board by identifying changes in customer and business operating models and requirements that may necessitate adjustments to the facility and/or service.
Deputy General Manager Job Qualifications and Requirements:
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field, or an equivalent technical qualification.
- Preferably, an IOSH or other health and safety certification.
At least seven years’ experience in a leadership role in the logistics, real estate, facilities management, or PPP sectors is highly desirable, as is a BIFM/IWFM Level 5+ qualification.
- Highly desirable is previous experience successfully mobilizing brand-new turnkey facilities, preferably in the commercial or logistics industries.
- A background in commercial real estate lettings or facilities management is highly desirable.
- a minimum of ten years in a field similar to yours.
- English proficiency is essential. Arabic is preferred.
MS Office proficiency is essential.
- Proven leadership experience with excellent communication skills,
- Negotiation and influence skills,
- Strong decision-making abilities Planning
- Organization skills, achievement drive,
- Self-motivation skills,
- Analytical thinking skills
How to Apply For Warehouse Supervisor Jobs 2023?
- Applications can be submitted online at the official website by candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements.for the
- The selection process will only take into account applications that have been submitted online at Click Here.
- After the deadline, no applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.